WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT:
- We may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender
- your email address
- your billing, delivery or home address and telephone numbers (including mobile numbers)
- details of your purchases and orders
- your online browsing activity
- your password(s)
- your payment card details when you make a purchase or place an order with us
- your communication and marketing preferences
- your location
- your correspondence and communications with us including notes of telephone calls and webchat exchanges
- details of reviews which you post
- your attendance at events we run
- your competition answers or other competition submissions
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
This list is not exhaustive and sometimes we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Notice. Some of your personal data is collected directly, for example, when you make a purchase on our websites or enter a competition. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example, your browsing or shopping activity.
We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) who provide services to us and may receive information about you from them. In particular, all payments are provided through a trusted third party.
By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED:
- Depending on how you are interacting with us, we (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) use your personal data:
- to fulfil contractual agreements between you and us (for example when you place an order for products through our website)
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us
- to verify your identity
- to respond to a query and manage other customer service interactions with you
- to send you information about our products by post
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs
- to provide you with a personalised browsing experience when using our website
- to send you details (by phone, e-mail or SMS) of promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you, where you have consented to this (and have not withdrawn such consent) or where we have a legitimate business interest because you are a customer or have engaged with us to buy our products (and have not opted out of such communications)
- to let you know about and invite you to events
- to administer competitions we run from time to time
WE MAY ALSO USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- to assess, operate and improve our website, the services provided through it and customer services
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
We will not share your information with third parties in order for that third party to provide direct marketing communications to you, unless you have provided your consent for such use. Such third parties will have their own policies relating to the way in which your information may be used.
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery, marketing service providers and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website and customer service.
LEGAL BASIS FOR USING YOUR INFORMATION
We are allowed to use personal information only if we have a proper reason to do so. This includes sharing it with third parties in certain circumstances. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you
- When it is our legal duty
- When it is in our legitimate interest
- When we have your consent
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email, post or text message unless you are a customer or have engaged with us to buy our products, in which case we may rely on the legal basis of legitimate interests to send you such communications. We also use legitimate interest to contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other online platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. We don't have access to any information held on your social media account.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data as soon as we can after consent is withdrawn. Please see the Contact section below.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We may also keep it to comply with our legal obligations, respond to queries, resolve disputes, enforce our rights, and pursue our legitimate interests.
Different retention periods apply for different types of data, which are based on criteria including: information we have told you about retention periods on our website or in terms and conditions; applicable contractual provisions; legal statutory limitation periods; applicable regulatory requirements; and industry standards.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You have various right to:
- find out what information we hold about you and to access a copy of your personal data that we hold and receive certain supplementary information
- correct any inaccurate information we hold about you
- request the erasure of the information that we hold about you
- restrict processing of personal data in certain circumstances
- to object to personal data processing based on legitimate interests.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the Contact section below. These rights are subject to certain limitations and exemptions. Therefore, please consider your request carefully before submitting it.
While there are many different uses for first and third party cookies, the cookies used by us all fall into one of three main categories being either functional needed to make sure our website runs optimally or third-party marketing/targeting cookies.
Please select and accept your tracking preferences:
Marketing (feature personalised ads)
Underdays and our advertising partners (including social media platforms like Google, Facebook, and Instagram) use tracking to provide personalised offers to give you the full Underdays experience. This includes sending you “Targeted Messages on 3rd Party Advertising Platforms” as described in the Privacy Notice. If you don’t accept this tracking, you will still see Underdays advertisements on other platforms at random.
Functional (improve the website)
We use functional tracking to analyse how our website is being used. This data helps us to discover errors and develop new designs. It also allows us to test the effectiveness of our website. Furthermore, these cookies provide insights for advertising analysis and affiliate marketing.
Required (give website access)
We collect Device Information using the following technologies: “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
You can always change your preference by visiting the "Cookie Settings" at the bottom of each page of our websites.
For a comprehensive and up-to-date summary of every third-party accessing your web browser (Underdays’ or otherwise), we recommend installing a web browser plugin built for this purpose. You can also choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our Website more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. There are also general resources for opting out of interest-based advertising available on the website of the Digital Advertising Alliance.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
COMMUNICATE WITH YOU
SCREEN OUR ORDERS FOR POTENTIAL RISK OR FRAUD
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Rule to power our online store – you can read more about how Rule uses your Personal Information here. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site – you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here. Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page here. You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal here.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
To offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at email@example.com